Add some serious flavor to your backyard BBQ with this delicious thyme, garlic, lemon and rosemary marinade, perfect especially for grilled chicken!
Thyme, Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary Marinade Recipe
There is something about the mixture of flavors when it comes to rosemary and chicken. They are literally a match made in culinary heaven.
Throw in some thyme and you will have me singing like Simon and Garfunkel on the way to Scarborough Fair…
All you need is a few simple ingredients to make this marinade. Whisk them together in a small bowl and – voila! – you have an incredible lemon rosemary sauce that will upgrade any chicken recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Marinade
- Versatile: While we love this on chicken (from chicken breasts to chicken thighs or even wings), it’s also perfect for nearly any protein, or on veggies, too.
- Healthy: All of these ingredients for this chicken marinade are healthy from the vitamin C-packed fresh lemon juice to the olive oil, full of healthy fats. There’s no addition of carbohydrates, and all of the herbs are packed not only full of flavor, but also health benefits as well.
- Easy: The total time to make this marinade is mere minutes but the result is the most delicious lemon-rosemary marinade you’ll ever try. It’s the least amount of prep time you’ll put in to make the most amazing rosemary chicken breasts (or other protein).
- Make ahead: Stir together this quick marinade and leave it in the fridge covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil until ready to use.
- Heat: In addition to black pepper, if you want some added spiciness, try adding cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Mustard: For an element of earthiness, add a dollop of Dijon mustard.
- Zest: For more bright flavor, incorporate lemon zest.
- Salt: While we don’t specify the type of salt to use, try using kosher salt or fine sea salt for elevated flavor over traditional table salt.
Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic, and Lemon Marinade
- 1 Splash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Gaea Greek
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs Few sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs Few sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Mix together 2 cloves garlic, a few sprigs of thyme and a few rosemary stalks in a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and the zest of half a lemon along with some salt and pepper and pour over the chicken.
- Place covered into the fridge for at minimum 30 minutes the longer the more flavor the chicken will have. .
- When ready BBQ over grill til Chicken comes to 165 internal temperature. Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
More Delicious Dishes
- Instant Pot Chicken And Rice
- Crockpot Ham
- Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- Easy Lemon Baked Chicken Breasts
Please pin this post for later and follow along with us on Pinterest:
Special thanks to Gaea for sharing this light and delicious marinade with us.
Food memories are a big part of our family. We love having a big family party and making great food, or heading to Disneyland and trying all the things. Why not allow food to be a happy part of your life. That is what this blog is about. I hope you enjoy our recipes.