Quick Cheddar Bacon Ranch Biscuits are a viral hit on TikTok. Moist biscuits are covered in butter, smoky bacon, melty cheese, and a sprinkle of ranch seasoning.
Not only are these biscuits addictively decadent, they’re also probably one of the easiest biscuit recipes you’ve come across. Just take the biscuits from the freezer, top them with the handful of other ingredients, and bake!
The next time you’re looking for a recipe for cheese biscuits that the whole family will devour, check these out.
Why You’ll Love Quick Cheddar Bacon Ranch Biscuits
These cheesy biscuits are all the rage on TikTok so they must be good, right?
- Easy – It doesn’t get much easier than this simple recipe that takes just a matter of minutes to put together before baking.
- Affordable – Most of the ingredients are fairly inexpensive and the ingredient list is not long.
- Customizable – Perhaps your own customized changes to these biscuits will also go viral?
- Versatile – These biscuits would be just as good for breakfast alongside eggs as they would be paired with any protein for dinner from a rotisserie chicken to pork chops or with your favorite soup. You could even slice them in half to make sandwiches.
Using some store-bought products and other simple ingredients makes this list short and the recipe easy.
- Grands Buttermilk Biscuits (not thawed)
- Unsalted butter (melted)
- Cheddar cheese (shredded and divided)
- Packet of ranch dressing mix
- Bacon (cooked until crisp and crumbled)
- Green onion (chopped into small pieces)
How to Make Quick Cheddar Bacon Ranch Biscuits
Very little hands-on prep time is one of the reasons this easy recipe for these biscuits went viral.
- Place the frozen biscuits in the baking dish prepared with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper. Ensure that the biscuits are evenly spaced (or, alternatively, place the biscuits in prepared muffin tins).
- Evenly pour half of the melted butter on top of the individual biscuits.
- Set aside a small portion of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over top of the buttered biscuit tops.
- Pour ranch seasoning mix over the cheese, ensuring that it’s evenly distributed.
- Use the remaining butter to cover the cheese-topped biscuits.
- Sprinkle the cooked, crumbled bacon over the top of each biscuit.
- After covering the baking sheet with aluminum foil, place in the hot oven and bake until the biscuits are nearly finished.
- Remove the foil for the remainder of the baking to allow the biscuit tops to brown.
- When the biscuits are a golden brown color, remove them from the oven.
- Serve the baked biscuits warm, garnished with the chopped green onion.
You can make creative swaps or additions to make these biscuits your own.
- Powder – Sprinkle onion powder or garlic powder over top.
- Seasoning mix – Switch up the flavor by using a different seasoning blend. Some ideas are onion soup mix or taco seasoning — and there are a number of other salad dressings besides ranch that are sold as a mix at the grocery store.
- Old Bay – To make a bacon-y version of cheddar bay biscuits sprinkle the tops generously with Old Bay or mix it into the melted butter.
- Meat – Instead of bacon use diced pancetta or small slices of ham. Or, swap meat out altogether and use a plant-based protein.
- Cheese – Use any other cheese that you like from monterey jack or mozzarella cheese to a cheese blend.
- Herbs – Instead of green onions try topping with fresh chives.
- Sides – While you can eat these all on their own, you can also whip up some sides for dipping. Marinara sauce or a homemade dip or spread made with sour cream or cream cheese as a base are a few good options.
Since these biscuits are best served directly after being baked but if you find that you need to store leftover biscuits make sure to keep them chilled since they have both cheese and bacon on them.
You can cook and crumble the bacon up to 24 hours beforehand and store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container or ziploc bag.
Refrigerator: These biscuits can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
Freezer: We don’t recommend freezing these biscuits.
Common Questions About Quick Cheddar Bacon Ranch Biscuits
Do I have to use unsalted butter for these biscuits?
I prefer using unsalted butter because the cheese and bacon add enough saltiness for me. However, if salted butter is all you have on hand, you can use that.
Can I use pre-packaged bacon bits?
While some TikTok users have recreated the viral recipe using pre-packaged bits I don’t think they impart the same amount of texture and bacon flavor as freshly cooked, crispy bacon. However, if you do want to use bacon that has already been cooked in order to make this recipe even more quickly, a great way to do it is to try using Costco bacon bits — throw them in a pan for 1-3 minutes to crisp them up before adding them to the recipe.
Can I use refrigerated biscuits instead of frozen?
While we haven’t experimented with this, it would seem reasonable that they would work. However, you’ll have to drastically reduce the baking time — keep an eye on them in the oven and refer to the package for an approximate amount of time to set your oven timer for.
Other Savory Breads
Quick Cheddar Bacon Ranch BiscuitsPrint Recipe
- 12 frozen Grands Biscuits not thawed
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted *see notes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded divided
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix 1 packet
- 8 slices bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 green onion chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Light grease a 9×12-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the frozen biscuits in the prepared dish in 4 rows of 3.
- Pour half of the butter over the biscuits.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the other 1 2/3 cup over the biscuits in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning all over the layer of cheese.
- Pour the remaining half of the butter all over the cheese.
- Spread the bacon evenly over top, then sprinkle on the remaining 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil, then bake at 375F for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Top the biscuits with chopped green onion before serving.
- Serve warm.
Food memories are a big part of our family. We love having a big family party and making great food, or heading to Disneyland and trying all the things. Why not allow food to be a happy part of your life. That is what this blog is about. I hope you enjoy our recipes.