Peanut butter Halloween eyeball recipe makes a spooky delicious festive Halloween treat. Whip these up to serve at a Halloween party or for a Halloween dessert.
Peanut Butter Halloween Eyeballs
Welcome to our delightful recipe for Peanut Butter Halloween Eyeball! This easy-to-make treat is perfect for Halloween parties, spooky gatherings, or simply indulging in some festive fun. With a combination of creamy peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and a touch of vanilla, these eyeballs are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike. Get ready to impress your guests with this deliciously eerie treat!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There are countless reasons why you’ll fall in love with our Peanut Butter Halloween Eyeball recipe. Firstly, the rich and creamy peanut butter combined with the fluffy marshmallow cream creates a delectable texture that melts in your mouth. The subtle hint of vanilla adds a delightful aroma and enhances the overall flavor profile. Secondly, these eyeballs are incredibly easy to make, making them a perfect activity for kids to get involved in. The chilling process allows the flavors to meld together, resulting in a treat that is both satisfying and visually appealing.
How to Make the Recipe
To make this peanut butter Halloween eyeball recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- peanut butter
- marshmallow cream
- powdered sugar
- candy eyes
- red glaze
- white chocolate
1. Begin by gathering all the necessary ingredients and ensuring they are properly measured and prepared.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, peanut butter, marshmallow cream, vanilla, and salt. Mix until well combined.
3. Gradually add the powdered sugar to the mixture, stirring until a thick dough forms.
4. Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill the balls in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
5. In the meantime, melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
6. Dip each chilled peanut butter ball into the melted white chocolate, ensuring it is fully coated. Place the coated balls back on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet (wax paper would work well too).
7. Before the chocolate sets, use the red glaze to draw smudges on the coated balls, resembling bloodshot eyes. Place a candy eye on each ball while the glaze is still wet.
8. Allow the chocolate to set completely before serving. You can speed up the process by placing the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
Peanut Butter Halloween Eyeball Recipe
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Marshmallow cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cup Powdered sugar
- Candy eyes
- Red tube of icing
- 1/2 cup White chocolate melting wafers
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Mix butter, peanut butter, marshmallow cream, salt, and powdered sugar.
- Roll into small balls and chill well for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Dip each ball well into melted chocolate. Allow to cool in the fridge.
- Before the chocolate sets, use the red glaze to draw smudges on the coated balls, resembling bloodshot eyes. Place a candy eye on each ball while the glaze is still wet.
If you’re looking to switch things up and add a unique twist to our Peanut Butter Halloween Eyeball Recipe, here are a few variations you can try:
1. Monster Eyes: Instead of using candy eyes, use different colored M&M’s or other small candies to create a variety of monster-inspired eyeballs.
2. Spooky Surprise: Add a small dollop of strawberry jam or raspberry preserves in the center of each peanut butter ball before coating them with chocolate. This will create a delicious surprise when your guests take a bite.
3. Nutty Delight: Roll the peanut butter balls in crushed peanuts or chopped almonds before dipping them in chocolate. This will add a delightful crunch to each bite.
Storing and Making Ahead
When making peanut butter Halloween eyeballs they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you want to make them ahead of time, you can prepare the peanut butter balls and store them in the refrigerator for up to two days before dipping them in chocolate. This allows for easy assembly and ensures a fresh and delicious treat whenever you’re ready to serve.
Common Questions about Peanut Butter Halloween Eyeball Recipe
1. Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy? Absolutely! Feel free to use your preferred type of peanut butter to add some extra texture to the eyeballs.
2. Can I use a different type of icing instead of red? Of course! Get creative and use different colored glazes to match your Halloween theme or personal preference.
3. Can I freeze these eyeballs for later use? While it’s possible to freeze them, the texture and appearance may be slightly altered once thawed. We recommend enjoying them fresh for the best taste and presentation.
In conclusion, our peanut butter Halloween eyeball recipe is a delightful and spooky treat that will impress your guests and satisfy your sweet tooth. With its simple ingredients and easy preparation, this recipe is perfect for Halloween celebrations or any time you’re in the mood for a festive treat. Get ready to indulge in these deliciously eerie eyeballs and make your Halloween extra special!
More yummy Halloween treats:
Please save this recipe for later and follow along with us on Pinterest:
Food memories are a big part of our family. We love having a big family party and making great food, or heading to Disneyland and trying all the things. Why not allow food to be a happy part of your life. That is what this blog is about. I hope you enjoy our recipes.