I love popcorn. I love Nutella. It was only a matter of time before the two met in my kitchen and made themselves into a lovely little creation like this Caramel Nutella Popcorn.
Okay, okay… this recipe didn’t make itself. But it’s easy enough that it practically did. Just a combination of the Caramel Nutella Chex Mix sauce with the technique of the Gourmet Cinnabon Popcorn. And completely and utterly delicious!
- Be sure to remove any popcorn kernels that didn’t pop.
- Be sure to use wax paper or parchment paper on your rimmed cookie sheet for easy cleanup.
Why You’ll Love this Caramel Nutella Popcorn Recipe
There are so many reasons to love this sweet treat.
- Easy – This is such a simple way to transform microwave popcorn into a delicious treat.
- Versatile – You can serve this at a party settle in with a large bowl of it for movie night, or pack it in lunchboxes — it makes a great snack!
- Customizable – You can add or swap ingredients and you can make crunchy popcorn or you can leave the popcorn chewy!
We love this yummy popcorn recipe but you can make your own swaps and additions to make it your own.
- Salt – sprinkle with fine sea salt for a sweet and salty snack.
- Nut butter – Drizzle it with peanut butter or your favorite nut butter.
- Extract – Instead of vanilla extract, try other flavors — almond extract will mingle well with the hazelnut flavor of the chocolate.
- Nutella – Nutella lovers can increase the amount of the delicious spread in the recipe.
- Chips – Add mini dark, milk, or white chocolate chips.
- Brown sugar – Use light brown sugar for a more delicate sweetness or dark brown sugar for more molasses flavor.
How to Store Nutella Caramel Popcorn
Refrigerator – Store this popcorn mixture in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Caramel Nutella PopcornPrint Recipe
- 10-12 cups of air-popped popcorn or two bags of microwave popcorn, OR you can pop it in your microwave with this trick!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Sift out the unpopped popcorn kernels, and put all the nicely popped ones in a large bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a medium or large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Heat for 30 seconds on high. Stir quickly to combine and microwave again for 2 minutes.
- Add the Nutella to the mixture and stir until everything is well combined. Then microwave it again for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until it is bubbly and about doubled in size.
- Remove from the microwave and quickly add the vanilla and baking soda.
- Slowly and evenly pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir/toss until all the popcorn is evenly coated.
- If you like your popcorn chewy, you can stop here — spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, let it cool a bit and start snacking!
- If you love crunchy popcorn, follow the next steps:
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with tin foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the popcorn mixture onto the foil.
- Bake at 250°F for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until crunchy.
This popcorn is perfect for a movie night or for a party. Be sure to have someone to share it with or you WILL eat the whole batch yourself, it is just that delicious!
Can’t get enough Nutella? Try these other Remodelaholic Nutella-loving recipes:
Cassity started Remodelaholic with her husband, Justin, to share their love for knocking out walls together. Since then, Remodelaholic has become a great community and resource for all those wanting to know how to make their builder-grade home BEAUTIFUL on a budget!