Try these protein-packed no-bake trail mix cookies, to give regular chocolate no-bake cookies a twist!
Homemade No-Bake Trail Mix Cookies
My friend Ruth introduced me to Trader Joe’s Trail Mix cookies while I was at Snap Conference.
They were super good, I wanted to figure out a similar recipe. So, I bought all the ingredients, but I hadn’t had time to make it — but when inspiration struck, why not make no-bake trail mix cookies?
So I just basically used my go to no-bake cookie recipe, but switched up a few of the ingredients. We love how they turned out!
Why You’ll Love This No-Bake Trail Mix Cookies Recipe
- No baking: There’s no oven (or wire rack) needed for these easy cookies — all of the work is done on the stovetop. Just be sure to prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper ahead of time to scoop these scrumptious cookies onto.
- Healthy: Filled with good fats and vitamins from nuts and fiber from the oats and raisins, these are a filling yet somewhat healthy snack that packs in a bit of nutrition.
- Oil: Try substituting some of the butter with coconut oil for a different flavor and to incorporate more healthy fat.
- Nuts: You can omit them if you have a nut allergy. Or, if you prefer different nuts, try pecans, walnuts, or peanuts.
- Chocolate: For more chocolate flavor, fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Fruit: Try adding dried cranberries in place of, or in addition to, the raisins.
- Nut butter: Swap out the peanut butter for cashew butter or almond butter.
- Seeds: Add in sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- Salt: Bring out the flavors of the other ingredients with a pinch of salt.
- Spices: Season these cookies with warm flavors from cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Alternative milk: Instead of milk, use a dairy free version like almond milk or coconut milk.
- Sugar: Swap out some or all of the granulated sugar for brown sugar for more molasses-style flavor. Or use an alternative sweetener to reduce the carbohydrates.
No-Bake Trail Mix Cookies RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1/3 cup Roasted peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- 1/3 cup Plain M&M's
- 1/3 cup Roasted Almonds (optional)
- 1 cube butter 1/2 cup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetend cocoa
- 1/4 milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky, doesn’t matter
- In a large mixing bowl combine Cheerios, oats, and trail mix and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, cocoa and milk. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil, allow to boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add peanut butter and vanilla stir till combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop with a medium to large cookie scoop onto a cookie sheet. Allow them to cool, I placed mine in the fridge for 30 minutes and they were set! These would be fun for a day camp trip or picnic lunch!
What are some of your favorite go to treat recipes?
Please save this recipe for later and follow us on Pinterest:
More no-bake dessert recipes:
Food memories are a big part of our family. We love having a big family party and making great food, or heading to Disneyland and trying all the things. Why not allow food to be a happy part of your life. That is what this blog is about. I hope you enjoy our recipes.