Busy mornings can make it rough getting in a healthy breakfast, try this on the go granola recipe for a quick breakfast you can take with you.
If you are looking for even more on-the-go breakfast options we’ve got Blueberry Scones (easy to carry on the go), or sip a Strawberry Sunrise Smoothie on the way to drop off the kids at school or on your commute, or whip up a batch of Jam Stuffed Muffins and store in the freezer to grab on your way out the door.
On the Go Granola Breakfast
Hectic, busy, with one too many things to do, that’s how a traditional morning is around here. Luckily this On the Go Granola Breakfast is a total lifesaver.
I’m going to be honest with you, I’ve never been a huge fan of meal prepping, for some reason — I always found the task daunting, difficult, and more a pain than an actual time saver. Oh boy, was I wrong!
Finally, after years of doing meal prepping all wrong, I found out a way to do it right — it’s just a matter of sticking with simple recipes, and easy ingredients, and having a good couple of jars on hand. Mason jars like these are great we found them on Amazon here with our affiliate link.
How to Meal Prep with this Recipe
This healthy granola recipe has become my go-to Sunday recipe when I’m meal-prepping for the week. It’s super easy to whip up in a couple of minutes — the ingredients are all things you probably already have or buy regularly.
And it tastes so much better than store-bought granola.
The mixture lasts well over a couple of days so you can make a batch on the weekend and have enough breakfasts ready for the week.
Prep your jars (or any airtight container) with yogurt and fruit or any other mix-ins. Wait to add the granola until right before you eat to keep it nice and crisp.
Slip the granola into individual bags to grab on the go with your yogurt jar!
How to Make Homemade Granola
Making granola at home is not difficult at all. It’s as easy as it can get and it only takes a couple of minutes of extra prep time, the rest of the time it takes to get done is hands-off time so you can use it to meal prep more or relax.
Homemade granola is a simple mixing of oats, almonds, nutmeg, almond oil, golden raisins and baking for 25 minutes at 350 F.
You will need a few things to make this granola, but many are things you will already have in a well stocked pantry including:
- chopped almonds
- almond oil
- maple syrup
- golden raisins
- greek yogurt
Other Ways to Eat Granola
- As cereal with milk
- On any type of yogurt
- As a crunchy grab-and-go snack on its own
- Throw a handful on top of ice cream or frozen yogurt for a nutty crunch
- Mix into a bowl of fresh berries or dried fruits
- Top a smoothie bowl with granola
- Nuts: Try other nuts like walnuts, cashews, peanuts, pecans, or pistachios.
- Oil: Substitute coconut oil for the almond oil.
- Fruit: Try using dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries, or apricots in addition to, or instead of, raisins.
- Sweetener: Substitute brown sugar or honey for some of the maple syrup, or use your favorite alternative sweetener. Also, adjust the amount used to your desired level of sweetness.
- Seeds: Add sunflower seeds, chia seeds, or pumpkin seeds (pepitas) to change up the flavor and texture.
- Chocolate chips: Add chocolatey flavor to this homemade granola recipe with milk, dark, or white chocolate.
- Coconut: Coconut flakes add another dimension of flavor.
- Spices: Try adding cinnamon, nutmeg, or seasonal spices.
- Extract: Shake in a few dashes of vanilla extract or almond extract.
On the Go Granola Breakfast
- 6 Cups oats
- ¾ Cup chopped almonds
- 3 Tbsp almond oil
- 3 Tsps nutmeg
- ¾ Cup maple syrup
- ¾ Cup golden raisins
- Pinch of salt
- 36 oz greek yogurt
- ¾ Cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a parchment paper in a baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix the oats, almonds, almond oil, nutmeg, maple syrup, golden raisins, and salt.
- Spread the oats mix over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Halfway through mix with a spatula.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down at room temperature.
- Fill jars with Greek yogurt.
- Top with the granola and raspberries.
- Serve and enjoy.
Looking for other easy breakfast recipes that you can prepare quickly or ahead of time?
Pin this recipe to save for later and follow us on Pinterest:
Food memories are a big part of our family. We love having a big family party and making great food, or heading to Disneyland and trying all the things. Why not allow food to be a happy part of your life. That is what this blog is about. I hope you enjoy our recipes.