These chocolate dipped Oreos are the ultimate (and super easy) fall dessert. Whip up a batch to bring to a harvest themed get-together or for a festive Halloween party. Your treats are sure to be the hit of the party!
To achieve the perfect round shape it’s best to use an Oreo cookie mold. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you could use an Oreo lollipop cookie mold and lollipop sticks to make the fall chocolate dipped Oreos into cookie pops.
There are several different ways to melt chocolate chips. You can follow the stovetop method outlined below in the recipe or use a microwave. Either way you have to be patient and not turn up the heat too high. Typically there are melting instructions on the back of the bag that you can follow to ensure you don’t burn the chips instead of melt them.
Once you’ve melted the chocolate and your Oreos are set in the cookie mold, it’s time to add the decorative touches. Don’t forget to dip the candy pumpkin in melted chocolate before placing it on top of the Oreo, otherwise it won’t stick!
This recipe will make 1 dozen fall chocolate dipped Oreos. It’s simple enough that you can involve your kids to help you make these delicious fall treats. Just don’t be surprised if a few go missing in the process. Happy cookie making!
Fall Chocolate Dipped OreosPrint Recipe
- Oreo cookie mold
- 12 chocolate creme Oreos
- 1 Tablespoon solid shortening
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 pumpkin candies
- Wilton leaves and jimmies sprinkle mix
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the solid shortening. Add the chocolate chips and stir occasionally until melted. Pour the melted chocolate into a smaller microwave-safe bowl (for a step later in the recipe).
- Add 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate to each mold.
- Place an Oreo cookie on top of the melted chocolate.
- Spoon additional chocolate on top of each cookie, until they are covered completely. You may have to tap the molds a bit if you see any air bubbles. Set aside any remaining melted chocolate for later use.
- Chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, pop the cookies out of their mold and place on the baking sheet.
- Microwave the remaining melted chocolate in 10 second increments until melted again. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of each pumpkin candy into the melted chocolate and place on the top of each chocolate covered Oreo cookie.
- Sprinkle with autumn leaves sprinkles.
- Chill for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
More delicious recipes to try:
Food memories are a big part of our family. We love having a big family party and making great food, or heading to Disneyland and trying all the things. Why not allow food to be a happy part of your life. That is what this blog is about. I hope you enjoy our recipes.