This savory Easter chick cheeseball is the perfect appetizer for Easter. It’s an adorable, yet easy way to liven up your holiday snack spread.
The cheeseball itself is so incredibly easy to make, and the decorating is simple too. You can put together this cute treat in a matter of a few minutes.
If you need an adorable and quick appetizer for a springtime gathering, this is the recipe for you!
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese, softened
- Real bacon pieces (or cooked and crumbled bacon)
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Baby carrots
- Sliced olives
- Round cracker
How to Make an Easter Chick Cheeseball
- Add the cream cheese and ranch seasoning to a large bowl of a stand mixer (or use an electric mixer or food processor).
- Fold in some of the cheddar cheese and all of the bacon until completely combined.
- Form the cream cheese mixture into a ball and place it on a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Press the remaining cheddar cheese onto the cheese ball, covering it entirely.
- Gently press on the ball to make the body of the chick.
- Place the cheese ball on a serving platter.
- Decorate by adding each black olive for the eyes, carrots for the nose and feet, and cracker halves for wings.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to Store this Easter Cheese Ball
Wrap the chick with plastic wrap or aluminum foil or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What to Serve with an Easter Chick Cheeseball
There are lots of dippers you can serve with this easy cheeseball:
- Veggies like carrots, celery, and cucumbers
Variations on this Cheese Ball Recipe
- Instead of cheddar, try another shredded cheese that you like. Gouda, Monterey Jack, and Mozzarella are all good options — or try using a blend.
- Replace ranch with your favorite seasoning mix.
- Omit the bacon for a vegetarian version.
- Use a different meat like finely diced ham or Canadian bacon.
- For a spicy version, try using a taco seasoning mix, cayenne pepper, or hot sauce.
- Add some umami with a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Garnish with green onions or parsley on the serving plate.
More Savory Snacks
Easter Chick Cheeseball
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened 2 packages
- 2.5 oz package real bacon pieces (6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled can also be used
- 1 pkg ranch seasoning mix
- 7 Baby carrot for chick’s beak and feet
- 2 Sliced olives for chick’s eyes
- 1 Round cracker cut in half, for chick’s wings
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and ranch seasoning until evenly distributed.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese and bacon to the mixture. Stir until combined.
- Place the cheese ball mixture on plastic wrap and form it into a ball.
- Use the remaining cup of cheddar cheese to cover the cheese ball, pressing gently to
- make sure it sticks.
- Smoosh the top down a little to form the body of a chick.
- Transfer the cheese ball to a serving plate or cutting board to decorate.
- Add 2 sliced olives to the ball to make the chick’s eye. Press gently and they will stick.
- Cut a baby carrot in half and use it as a nose.
- Insert 3 baby carrots on each side of the bottom of the cheese ball to make feet.
- Finally, cut a cracker in half and insert each half into the side of the cheese ball to make
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Serve with crackers, veggies or your
- favorite dippers.
Food memories are a big part of our family. We love having a big family party and making great food, or heading to Disneyland and trying all the things. Why not allow food to be a happy part of your life. That is what this blog is about. I hope you enjoy our recipes.