Artichoke Parmesan Dip
This dip is one of my all time favorite quick make ahead appetizers. It is both creamy and flavorful. I would be lying if I said I’ve never just made this to eat for a meal. It is that good, it can stand fully on its own.
My sister Tiffany makes some of the best artichoke dip ever so I had to honor her (and my favorite dip) with this artichoke parmesan dip recipe.
This incredibly easy recipe combines only four ingredients to make the most delicious dip. The slight bite of the artichokes mingles so well with the creamy mayonnaise and slightly salty parmesan while the green chiles give it just a little kick.
If this is your first time making artichoke parmesan dip, you might find that it becomes one of your favorite dip recipes. With just a few simple ingredients, it will be the star of your next party.
Why You’ll Love Artichoke Parmesan Dip
You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to make delicious game day treats. This easy artichoke parmesan dip takes only 4 ingredients and about 30 minutes total to make. As an added bonus, you can even make it ahead of time and pop it in the oven 20 minutes to kickoff.
- Easy – There are just a few simple steps to make this easy recipe.
- Affordable – This is an economical dish with only a few inexpensive ingredients.
- Versatile – This is the perfect appetizer to serve at a dinner party or alongside other apps for a game day snack.
- Convenient – All of the ingredients are incredibly easy to find at your local grocery store.
- Mayonnaise (choose your favorite brand but avoid Miracle Whip)
- Fresh parmesan cheese
- Green chiles (chopped)
- Artichoke hearts (chopped)
How to Make Artichoke Parmesan Dip
- Drain the jar of artichoke hearts.
- With a sharp knife, chop the artichokes into fine pieces.
- Add mayonnaise, a portion of the cheese, and chiles to a medium bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together until completely combined.
- Add the artichokes to the mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the artichokes into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Next, use the spatula to spread the artichoke mixture into a prepared baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake the dip until it is bubbly and light golden brown.
- After removing from the oven, serve in the baking dish or transfer to a serving bowl alongside tortilla chips, melba toast, baguette slices, bagel chips, or fresh vegetables.
Variations on Artichoke Dip with Parmesan
- Accompaniments – Offer slices of crusty bread, crackers, or pita bread.
- Heat – For a spicy dip, add hot sauce, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or chili powder.
- Cheese – Top with any cheese you prefer from cheddar or Monterey Jack to asiago or mozzarella cheese.
- Cream cheese – Add a bit of cream cheese to the mixture for an even cheesier dip.
- Sour cream – Replace some of the mayonnaise with sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt) for a subtle tanginess.
- Garnish – Sprinkle sliced green onions or fresh chives on top.
- Spinach – Add wilted fresh spinach to make a spinach artichoke dip.
- Bowl – Instead of serving this in a traditional dish, serve it in a hollowed out bread bowl with bread cubes on the side. Rye and pumpernickel work especially well.
- Garlic powder – Add some garlicky flavor to your dip with granulated garlic.
- Lemon zest – Add some bright flavor by zesting a lemon into the dip before mixing and baking.
- Spices – To build more flavor try adding a pinch of sea salt, ground pepper, fresh garlic, or your favorite fresh herbs.
This dip is delicious served with sliced bread, tortilla chips, or melba toast. You could even dip vegetables in it if you so desired. Your fellow football lovers are sure to enjoy this versatile dish.
If you try this artichoke parmesan dip, let us know in the comments section below. We love to hear about your experiences making our recipes. Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing more scrumptious dip recipes. Stay tuned!
Leftover artichoke parmesan dip is easy to store — just keep it chilled when it’s not being served.
You can make artichoke parmesan dip ahead of time. Wrap it with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake and serve it.
Refrigerator: When it’s not being served, store this dip in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Be sure that it’s at room temperature before placing it in the fridge.
Freezer: We do not recommend storing mayonnaise-based dishes in the freezer.
Common Questions About Parmesan Dip with Artichokes
What is artichoke dip made of?
Artichoke dip is a creamy blend of mayonnaise, marinated artichokes, and cheese. It can be customized with herbs, spices, and peppers.
What makes artichoke dip greasy?
If you bake the dip at too high of a temperature or for too long it will become greasy. Pay close attention to the cooking time to avoid this.
What should I serve with parmesan artichoke dip?
You can use pita chips, potato chips, crackers, tortillas, or veggies like carrot sticks or celery to dip into this delicious dip. You can also spread on sandwiches and wraps.
Other Savory Starters
Artichoke Parmesan DipPrint Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise NOT Miracle Whip
- 1 cup parmesan cheese plus some for topping
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 1 can artichoke hearts chopped (should yield about 1/2 cup)
- Drain artichoke hearts and chop coarsely.
- In a medium bowl, mix mayo, cheese, and chiles.
- Fold in artichokes gentle so they don't fall apart.
- Spread mix in an 8x11 casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or melba toast.
One of my all time favorite recipes is my sister Tiffany’s artichoke dip! I am telling you people, probably the easiest, most delicious hot dip recipe you will ever try! The kind of recipe, that you really hope you have left overs for, and then you eat all by yourself for breakfast the next day if you get that lucky… I’m just saying….
And since it is Christmas, and party season, I thought it would be appropriate to give you this most valued and simple recipe to make your lives a little easier. Especially because the day before your party you can throw the ingredients together, pour into your baking dish, cover, and refrigerate. About a half an hour before your guests arrive, preheat the oven and pop it in! It will be ready in no time, with no hassle whatsoever!