Indulge in the delightful fusion of classic carrot cake and irresistible cookies with our Carrot Cake Cookies. These heavenly treats capture the warm, spiced flavors of carrot cake and are generously frosted with creamy cream cheese frosting. Whether enjoyed as an afternoon snack or a dessert at gatherings, these Carrot Cake Cookies are sure to become a cherished favorite.
If you’re a fan of carrot cake and can’t resist the allure of freshly baked cookies, we have a delightful treat in store for you. Say hello to Carrot Cake Cookies, a heavenly fusion of two beloved desserts that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. These cookies are not only incredibly easy to make but also a perfect way to satisfy your cravings for the classic carrot cake flavor.
In this blog post, we’ll take you through the process of making these delectable Carrot Cake Cookies, share some variations to suit your preferences, and answer common questions about this delightful treat.
Carrot Cake Cookies
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
Carrot Cake Cookies are a delightful combination of the warm, spiced flavors of carrot cake and the chewy, gooey goodness of cookies. Here are two reasons why you’ll fall head over heels for this recipe:
- Quick and Easy: With a prep time of just 20 minutes and a simple mixing process, these cookies are a breeze to whip up. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, you’ll find this recipe approachable and rewarding.
- Irresistible Flavor: These cookies are made with a base of Carrot Cake Mix, giving them that signature carrot cake taste. The addition of cream cheese frosting takes them to a whole new level of decadence. Each bite is a delightful balance of sweet, spicy, and creamy flavors that will keep you coming back for more.
How to Make the Recipe
Now, let’s dive into the process of making Carrot Cake Cookies. While we won’t provide specific measurements or cooking times (as they’re already included in the original recipe), we’ll guide you through the steps involved:
- Carrot Cake Mix
- Vegetable oil
- Large eggs
- Cream Cheese Frosting (canned frosting used)
- Preheat Your Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This step ensures that your cookies will bake evenly and develop that perfect texture.
- Prepare Your Baking Sheet: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This not only prevents the cookies from sticking but also makes for easier cleanup later.
- Mix the Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the Carrot Cake Mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. Stir until a dough forms. The mixture should come together easily and be well-mixed.
- Scoop and Bake: Use a cookie scoop (or a spoon) to drop scoops of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Ensure you leave about 3 inches of space between each cookie to allow for spreading during baking.
- Bake to Perfection: Pop your cookie sheet into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown. Keep an eye on them to prevent overbaking.
- Cool and Frost: Once out of the oven, let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Then, transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cool, generously frost each cookie with cream cheese frosting.
Variations For Carrot Cake Cookies
While the classic Carrot Cake Cookies are absolutely divine, you can put your own spin on them to suit your taste preferences. Here are some creative variations to consider:
- Add Nuts: Mix in chopped pecans or walnuts to add a delightful crunch and nutty flavor to your cookies. About half a cup should do the trick.
- Raisins or Dried Fruits: For a fruity twist, fold in a handful of raisins or dried cranberries into the cookie dough. They’ll provide a pleasant contrast to the sweetness of the frosting.
- Spice It Up: Enhance the spiced flavor of your cookies by adding a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the dough. This will give them a warm and comforting aroma.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: If you’re a chocolate lover, throw in some mini chocolate chips for a delightful chocolate-carrot combination that’s sure to please your palate.
Can the Recipe Be Stored or Made Ahead?
Yes, you can certainly store Carrot Cake Cookies for later enjoyment. To keep them fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. The cream cheese frosting may require refrigeration, so if you plan to store it for an extended period, consider refrigerating it. They should stay delicious for up to a week when properly stored.
If you want to prepare the dough ahead of time, you can store it in the refrigerator for a day or two before baking. Just be sure to cover the dough tightly to prevent it from drying out.
Carrot Cake Cookies
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper optional
- Cookie scoop optional
- Cooling rack optional
- 15.25 oz carrot cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting canned frosting used
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cake mix, oil, and eggs to a large mixing bowl, and stir until a dough forms.
- Drop scoops full of dough onto the baking sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and set the baking sheet onto a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to the cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, frost them.
Common Questions About Carrot Cake Cookies
As a popular dessert, Carrot Cake Cookies often spark some common questions. Here are answers to a few queries people have when making or enjoying these cookies:
- Can I use homemade cream cheese frosting? Absolutely! While the recipe mentions using canned frosting for convenience, you can make your own cream cheese frosting from scratch if you prefer a homemade touch. It’s a fantastic way to tailor the flavor and sweetness to your liking.
- Can I freeze Carrot Cake Cookies? Yes, you can freeze these cookies for longer storage. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag with layers of parchment paper in between to prevent sticking. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply thaw them at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Can I make these cookies without eggs? Yes, you can make eggless versions of Carrot Cake Cookies by using egg substitutes like applesauce or mashed bananas. This is a great option for those with egg allergies or dietary restrictions.
Carrot Cake Cookies are the perfect fusion of two beloved desserts, offering the cozy flavors of carrot cake in a portable, cookie form. With their quick preparation and irresistible taste, they’re sure to become a favorite in your household.
Whether you choose to stick to the classic recipe or experiment with creative variations, these cookies are bound to satisfy your sweet cravings. Enjoy the delightful combination of spiced cookies and creamy frosting – it’s a treat you won’t be able to resist.
More yummy cookies to make:
Please save this recipe for later and follow along with us on Pinterest:
Food memories are a big part of our family. We love having a big family party and making great food, or heading to Disneyland and trying all the things. Why not allow food to be a happy part of your life. That is what this blog is about. I hope you enjoy our recipes.