These Silly Halloween Avocado Breakfast Toast Faces are the perfect quick breakfast on or near Halloween (or anytime really!), to have a fun family breakfast experience and celebrate the spooky season.
If you are looking for other great Halloween Recipes to round out the rest of your holiday be sure to check out all our Halloween recipes and here are some other fun kid recipes to try with your kids.
Are you ready to elevate your breakfast game and embrace the spooky spirit of Halloween? Look no further!
In this blog post, we’ll take you on a thrilling adventure with our Halloween Avocado Breakfast Toast Faces recipe great for surprising your kids.
This creative and nutritious breakfast idea will not only tantalize your taste buds, but also awaken your inner artist.
So, put on your chef’s hat, grab your ingredients, and get ready to enjoy a spooktacular breakfast that’s as fun to make as it is to eat!
This post contains affiliate links. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here.
Why You’ll Love This Avocado Breakfast Toast Recipe:
There are countless reasons to fall in love with our Halloween avocado breakfast toast faces.
First, it’s a delicious and healthy breakfast option that combines the creaminess of ripe avocados with the crunchiness of fresh veggies and walnuts(optional).
The mashed avocado spread gives each toast slice a luxurious texture and a burst of flavor, making it a scrumptious way to start your day.
Second, the artistic element of this recipe is what truly sets it apart. Creating spooky faces on your toasts allows you to unleash your creativity and have fun in the kitchen.
It’s an excellent opportunity for families to come together, especially during the Halloween season, and engage in a playful breakfast-making activity. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, these avocado toast faces are sure to bring out the artist in you and brighten your morning or this would be so fun as an after school snack/activity!
Spooky Avocado Breakfast Toast Faces: A Halloween Delight
How to Make the Avocado Toast Recipe:
To begin, gather all your ingredients, including bread for toast, ripe avocados, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, walnuts (optional-not necessary if you have allergies), radishes, black olives, red sweet pepper, pickled mini cucumbers, and dried seaweed leaves. If these topping might be hard for your kids to accept other great options, especially if you have pickier eaters, might be a hardboiled egg sliced or scrambled eggs, bacon bits or slices of crispy bacon, sausage crumbles or links, shredded cheese or other breakfast foods your family loves.
Start by toasting your slice of bread. Options are to toast the bread in a pan or skillet, first spread the toast with a little butter before pan toasting. Or use an oven, or toaster until it reaches your desired level of crispiness. Set the toasted bread aside til ready to use.
While that toasts, prepare the avocados by cutting them in half, removing the pits, and scooping the flesh into a bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado pulp with lemon juice and add a pinch of salt if desired.
This step will create a creamy and tangy avocado spread that serves as the base for your toast faces.
Now, spread the mashed avocado mixture generously onto each slice. Sprinkle of salt if desired (especially if you chose not to add it to the mash)
Get ready for the creative part!
Use the various ingredients to make circles for eyes from radishes, olives, and cherry tomatoes. The walnuts can be used to create quirky and funky hair on top of the avocado spread. For the mouth, cut the dried seaweed leaves (or spinach) into a smiling or spooky shape and position it on the toast. As for the nose and tongue, slice the red sweet pepper to form a nose and cut one of the pickled mini cucumbers into a tongue shape. Arrange all the elements to complete the adorable and festive faces on your avocado toast.
Also this part could be a really fun family activity have the toppings cut into shapes and let the kids choose which pieces they would like to add to build their faces. This will help them be more adventurous to try different items, and possibly help them try it, if they have the freedom to make the face.
Variations for the Avocado Breakfast Toast Recipe:
While the Halloween Avocado Breakfast Toast Faces are already a fantastic savory treat, you can always get creative and experiment with different variations to suit your preferences. Here are a few ideas to change it up:
- Traditional American Breakfast Flavors– Slice up a hardboiled egg, sunny side up egg or scrambled eggs and cut out in shapes, Bacon bits or slices of crispy bacon, sausage crumbles or links, shredded cheese, or cream cheese, or sautéed onions, mushrooms or spinach
- Cheesy Faces: Add a layer of melted cheese on top of the avocado spread before creating the face. The gooey cheese will give your toast faces a delightful twist and an extra burst of flavor.
- Fruit and Nut Medley: Incorporate a mix of fresh fruits and nuts into your design. Try using blueberries or grapes for the eyes and almonds or pistachios for the hair.
- Sweet and Savory Combo: Combine sweet and savory elements by adding a drizzle of honey or maple syrup over the face. This blend of flavors will add a unique touch to your toast faces.
- Add Some Protein If you are cooking for those with a more adult palate. You could add Smoked Salmon or Lox, Capers and Goat Cheese or Feta to the mix.
- Mexican Style: Add some Mexican flavor, using lime juice instead of lemon. A sprinkle of chili powder. Top with cilantro, fresh grilled corn, crumbled Queso Fresco, pickled red onion. YUM!
- Italian Style: Fresh mozzarella slices, fresh garden tomato slices, basil leaves cut in a chiffonade (instead of the seaweed), garlic, a splash of balsamic vinegar and even extra-virgin olive oil.
- Seasonings to Try: A creamy avocado spread is the perfect vehicle for all seasonings that you enjoy. Some seasonings to consider adding:
- Black pepper freshly cracked,
- Red pepper flakes for some heat,
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Tajin – Chili Lime Seasoning
- Fresh herbs like dill, rosemary, Basil
- Flaky Sea Salt
Storage and Make-Ahead Tips:
The Halloween avocado breakfast toast faces are best enjoyed immediately after assembly to preserve their visual appeal. However, you can prepare the sliced veggies the night before, and keep them is sealed containers in the fridge.
If you find you don’t have time to prep the avocados, I suggest buying a packaged version, that is just mashed avocado and salt, and open it that morning. Technically you can make the mashed avocado spread ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. To prevent the spread from turning brown, cover the surface with plastic wrap, pressing it gently against the spread to remove any air but just remember for this fresh is best!
Common Questions about Avocado Breakfast Toast:
- Can I use different types of bread for avocado breakfast toast? Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with various types of bread, such as whole wheat bread, sourdough bread (my favorite), or gluten-free bread options, to suit your dietary preferences.
- Can I add other toppings to the toast faces? Of course! Get creative and add your favorite toppings like sliced cheese, bell peppers, or even scrambled eggs to customize your toast faces.
- Is this recipe suitable for kids? Absolutely! This recipe is a great way to introduce children to a healthy and fun breakfast option. Let them join in the face-making process and watch as they enjoy their spooky creations. It may even give them the bravery to try something they wouldn’t normally try.
- Can I make these toast faces for a Halloween party? Definitely! These toast faces will be a hit at any Halloween gathering. Prepare the ingredients ahead of time, and guests can create their own spooky faces during the party. Or you could cut toast sliced into fourths
Avocado Breakfast Toast FacesPrint Recipe
- 4 Slices Bread Toasted
- 4 Avocados
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- 5 Cherry tomatoes sliced
- 3 Walnuts
- 4 Radishes sliced
- 5 Black olives sliced
- 1 Red sweet pepper sliced
- 3 Pickled mini cucumbers cut in half
- 3 Dried seaweed leaves cut with scissors
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Start with toasting the bread. Fry the bread in a pan, or toast the slices in an oven or toaster. While it toasts, prep your other toppings
- Mash avocado pulp with lemon juice and a pinch of salt if desired.
- Slice all the toppings and place in small bowls or arrange on a large cutting board for your family to assemble.
- When bread is finished toasting, spread mashed avocado on toast.
- Let the assembly and eating begin!
In conclusion, our Halloween avocado breakfast toast faces offer a fantastic fusion of flavors and creativity, making them the perfect breakfast option for the Halloween season or really any season. Embrace your inner artist and delight in this spooky and nutritious morning treat.
Whether you’re preparing breakfast for yourself or sharing it with friends and family, these avocado toast faces are sure to become a beloved Halloween tradition. Happy cooking and have a hauntingly delicious Halloween!
Please pin this post for later and follow along with us on Pinterest:
Food memories are a big part of our family. We love having a big family party and making great food, or heading to Disneyland and trying all the things. Why not allow food to be a happy part of your life. That is what this blog is about. I hope you enjoy our recipes.