Crispy Chicken Tacos
These crispy chicken tacos are amazing! Super crispy chicken strips served over a bed of lettuce, some red onion slices and tucked into a warm corn tortilla. Adjust the toppings to fit what you have on hand and love: cotija cheese? Guacamole? A squeeze of lemon juice? Yes, yes, and a million times yes!
See more of our favorite taco recipes in 25 Taco Recipes for Taco Tuesday and 8 Easy Slow Cooker Taco Recipes.
I’m always looking for recipes to make taco night more interesting. These crispy chicken tenders are the perfect addition! Super crispy on the outside and incredibly juicy inside they are packed with flavors and perfect for the whole family (even picky eaters like them!)
I also love how versatile these crispy chicken tacos can be. Serve them with corn tortillas as classic tacos or as part of your burrito or quesadilla fillings (honestly SO good using them on these chicken taco quesadillas!) or even chopped over some rice, beans and lettuce like a taco bowl. You can even make extra chicken tenders as a quick grab and go snack the little ones will love.
How to make delicious Mexican style crispy chicken
The reason why this chicken is so good? The super easy Mexican inspired marinade we are using! Just mix some sliced chicken breasts with lime juice, garlic, salt and chili powder pinch.
Marinating the chicken for 1 hour is not mandatory, if you don’t have the time in your hands feel free to reduce it for only 10 minutes. However, the hour-long marination makes sure all the flavors really sink into the chicken.
Related Reading: 8 Slow Cooker Taco Recipes
I like to keep this recipe flavorful but not spicy. Since we usually add spicy toppings (like salsa and hot sauce) I prefer to keep my chicken spiciness on the delicate side. However if you want to bring up the heat factor feel free to incorporate some extra chili powder or chili flakes to the crust.
What toppings go best with crispy chicken tacos
This is what I love the most about this recipe! You can play up with the toppings as much as you like
- Red onion
- Hot sauce
- Cheddar cheese
- Cotija cheese
- Or even with some Mexican street corn
Use all the taco or burrito toppings your family loves! I’m sure this crispy chicken is going to become a taco night staple!
Related Reading: 25 Best Recipes for Taco Night
Crispy Chicken Tacos Recipe
Crispy Chicken Tacos
- 4 Skinless boneless chicken thighs diced
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Cup Panko
- Oil for frying
- For the tacos:
- Corn tortillas
- Lettuce chopped
- Red onion sliced
- Spicy mayo
- In a bowl, combine the chicken pieces, garlic, lime juice and salt. Cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate refrigerated for 1 hour.
- Place the flour, egg and panko in 3 different bowls. Take each chicken piece and dredge first in flour, then in egg and finally in the panko.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat 1’’ of frying oil at 350 degrees. When hot add the chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and done. Transfer to a plate
- Assembly the tacos: Make a lettuce bed inside the tortilla. Add the chicken, red onion and drizzle with spicy mayo.
More delicious taco recipes:
- Chicken Taco Quesadillas
- Brisket Tacos
- Sweet Pork Tacos
- Black Bean and Quinoa Picadillo Tacos
- 5 Star Taco Salad