This creamy bean, potato, and corn soup is the perfect healthy meal for that chilly fall evening. It’s rich with the hearty tastes of the earth while fat-free evaporated milk provides texture, but not calories!
Creamy Bean, Potato, and Corn Soup
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 can cannelini beans
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (12 oz.) fat free evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1.5 tsp. LoSalt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Put diced potatoes in large microwave safe bowl and cover. Heat 5-6 minutes or until fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat large pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Toss in diced onions, garlic, and carrots and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir until vegetables are covered and you don’t see any white flour spots any longer.
- Pour in vegetable broth, a little at a time, stirring constantly until it’s all combined.
- Add water, seasonings, beans, corn, and potatoes to pot and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer 5-10 minutes or until veggies are tender and soup has thickened a bit.
- Pour in milk and cook 5 more minutes until heated through.
Thanks to LoSalt for submitting this yummy fall recipe!