It’s tailgating season! Make sure you have this scrumptious staple at the game. This colorful coleslaw with beet juice vinaigrette is a lighter, healthier version of the favorite.
Colorful Coleslaw with Beet Juice Vinaigrette
- ½ head green cabbage, sliced thin to shred
- ½ head red cabbage, sliced thin to shred
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced (on the bias)
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced (on the bias)
- 1 red pepper, cut into julienne strips
- ¼ cup Biotta Beet Juice*
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Prepare all coleslaw vegetables as directed. Toss together in a large bowl.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, add beet juice, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, lime juice and shallot to a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Drizzle in olive oil while continuing to whisk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette over coleslaw. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate and save any remaining vinaigrette for use on any vegetable salad.
Special thanks to Biotta for sharing this light and delicious side dish.